Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Decorating Part 2

I do love the twinkling lights of Christmas.  I turn my tree on, my wreath and my other tree as soon as I get up in the morning, do you?  I love to see the lights all day long.  I think I may have to think of a way to incorporate lights in my house all year long!

 This is the Gingerbread Garland my mom made many years ago.  I remember being pretty young when she made it.  About 7 or so years ago, my mom gave away several Christmas items to my brothers and me.  This was quite coveted.  But it was the ONLY thing I wanted!  And I won it!  For me it is priceless!
 She sewed all those buttons on my hand and stuffed them all!  She was one patient woman!!!

 This is my Santa collection.  Nothing like my mom's, but I love it.  In fact, most of those Santas came from my mom as gifts!!!  Too funny!
 My large tin collection.  Never really know what to do with them!!
 After a grand Thanksgiving table, I decided to go simple for Christmas.  Plus it will just be the four of us.  I like it!

 This curio cabinet was Jack's Nanny's.  The top Nativity is Allie's.  The second shelf holds the Nativity that Jack got me when we were dating.  And the pewter one my MIL gave several years ago.  The third shelf is awkward and I am not sure how to make it better, but it holds the Santa snack plate and mug. And last are my Dicken's houses!




No comments:

Post a Comment