Thursday, November 8, 2012

Creativity brings Joy







 Being creative brings me joy.  I love to create something from yarn, material, or found objects.  Currently I am on a 2x4 kick and an embroidery kick.  I have been cutting shapes from felt and embroidering details.  I have painted 2x4's and made pumpkins from them.  I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when it all comes together.  One of my big accomplishments this week was taking an old Goodwill flannel men's shirt and cutting it down to fit my body.  This summer my friend, Allison, and I got together to  make a tailor dummie out of duct tape.  We found old floor lamps and wooden hangers and built our own stands.  We had a lot of fun and Sister Sue sits up in my craft room.  This week she finally made her debut and helped me to tailor the shirt.  I made some mistakes and learned some new techniques.  It was exactly what I
needed.  Now that I have practiced, I have a really nice LL Bean shirt I am going to remake.  It was also a Goodwill find!

What ways do you find to create in your life?  Is it cooking?  Writing? Music?  Art?  Gardening?  Drawing?  I would love to hear from each of you.  Most of all, I hope you find the joy in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment