Sunday, January 1, 2012

Toying with Ideas

Well, it is the new year.  Along with the new year comes the resolutions.  Every year I make some resolutions, I will lose weight, exercise more, be nicer, remember to send birthday cards on time, etc.  Some years I vow NOT to make a resolution.  Yet, secretly in my head I make them.  I seem to enjoy setting myself up for failure.

Currently I am toying with the idea that this year I am going to work on building up my strength.  When you are chronically ill, it seems you become MUCH more sedentary.  Now, I know, all the docs, nurses and PT's tell you it is important to move.  I KNOW it is.  But when I feel like shit, I am sorry, I don't really want to move!  When said movement is going to make me hurt worse for the rest of today and possibly tomorrow, it is really hard to get motivated!  Sometimes watching Biggest Loser, I wonder if I was on the show, if I really could push myself like those people do.  I mean, I am not more than 15 pounds heavier than I should be, so surely I can do what they do.  I wonder what Bob would say?

I say toying, because I don't want to say anything to my family about it.  I am scared I will just fail one more time and well, I really don't want any witnesses to that!  I really do yearn to be stronger.  I have noticed a significant weakening in the last year and that scares me.  So, we will see.

Another idea that I am toying with is the idea of writing.  I would like to set up the habit of writing every day.  I would like to promise you, my faithful readers (jack), that I will blog every day in 2012.  But, I know that won't happen.  There will be days when nothing will flow from my brain.  My novel is still brewing in my head.  The main character keeps coming up and speaking to me and telling me stories that I should write down.  I need to make space for her.  So, we will see.

Maybe I should make a schedule for myself:
7:00 a.m. wake up and eat breakfast
8:00 a.m. exercise alternate walking and weights
8:30 a.m. sit down to blog
9:00 a.m. write
10:00 a.m. clean house
10:30 a.m. Work
12:00 p.m. lunch break
1:00 p.m. work/run errands
5:00 p.m. start dinner
6:00 p.m. eat dinner

Wow, sounds great, except for the hour to shower and the hour to nap or lay down to recover from the exercise.....

Well, we will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment