Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Menu Plan Monday on Tuesday

Uh oh!  Monday kind of slipped by me!  Sorry!  I know many of you are off having family dinners and may not need a plan, but I am not.  Since we have moved east, we are always home for the holidays.  It has taken some getting used to for me.  I was used to lots of family and a lot of hub bub around the holidays.  But over the years, I have come to really cherish our quiet time with just the four of us or maybe my mil or my parents.  It is calm and peaceful.  Well, especially now that the kids are older it is calm and peaceful!  So I started preparing the entire Thanksgiving feast on my own fifteen years ago.  My mom is always near the phone on Wed. through Thursday morning, just in case!  And it never fails, that I have to call for just one thing.  Maybe it is more to feel her there with me in the kitchen, for that is where I feel the loneliest.  Our kitchen was always filled with people and lots of bustling.  I am not saying it was all good bustling, but it was NOT lonely!

This year has a bit more "special-ness" to it.  This time next year, our table may be missing one person.  Allie is applying to a gap year with Global Initiative.  If accepted, she will be gone a whole year.  It just struck me recently that means no Thanksgiving, no Christmas, no Birthday!!!!  So I plan on enjoying the peace and calm and soaking it all in.

Monday - Cheeseburger Cupcakes

Tuesday - Chicken Tortilla Soup

Wednesday - Going out with Jack's mom and his brother

Thursday - Turkey
                   Dressing
                   Sweet Potato Casserole
                   Potato Casserole
                   Green Bean Casserole
                   Sister Schubert's Rolls
                   Pumpkin Pie
                   Chocolate Pie

Friday - Leftovers!

Saturday - Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps

You will notice I went pretty easy with the calories on Monday and Tuesday.  I figure we will eat too many calories on Thursday, and I am hoping off set that with lower calorie meals the rest of the week!

This week I heard from Jill Lawson again!  Her family loved the chicken tortilla soup!  I also heard from Lea Slaton who tried the Chicken Bake.  She was skeptical at first like I was, but said it was delicious!  So, what are you trying this week?  Or better yet, what is on your menu?

No comments:

Post a Comment