Monday, December 28, 2009

What's up with the title?

So, the title? Where did it come from? Well, I am taking it from the name of the house in which I sit at this very moment. Our friends had a nice little beach house on Emerald Isle. They tore it down (it really was getting old) and built this masterpiece. They named it "Just Because". I don't know the story behind the name for them, but is resonated with me. This house is luxurious. It has three floors, two master bedrooms, three other bedrooms, a heated pool, and top-notch everything. You feel like a princess as you walk through the home. They didn't have to build this, but they did, just because. Because they could. Isn't that reason enough for some things. I read their guest book and they have already in the first six months of being open, brought so much joy to others' lives. People write beautiful words of thanks in the book, the happiness of their experience jumps off the page. And so my friends, by building this house- just because, have brought more joy and hope into this world. Okay, I know a bit much, but how often do we choose to do something just because we can, that will bring others joy?

The name I chose, seems apropos. I am writing just because I can and hopefully will bring some joy into this world in the process. I know it will bring joy into my life, just as this house has brought joy into my friends' lives. Plus, the beach is my happy place. I love coming here and hearing the ocean and seeing the seagulls and pelicans. So each time I log into this blog, I will be returning in my mind to a happy place and what a place to write from.

What can you do today, just because, that will bring joy into this world?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the image of the beach. Seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, and feeling the ocean is certainly a "just because" experience. No purpose, no goal, no pressure - just being present...

    Enjoy your time there.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete