Monday, March 29, 2010

Menu Plan March 29 to April 2

I have been a fan of Orgjunkie.com for a long time.  I have participated in her Menu Plan Monday on and off for a while.  I find I spend less, and cook more when I plan my meals for the week.  Plus, if I get sick, Jack and the kids know what to fix.  It doesn't always work, but for the most part it does.  So in the spirit of getting more organized and adding more structure to my week, I am adding Menu Planning Mondays again.  I hope you may be inspired to cook at home, and make a plan.  Maybe you will even find a new recipe to use!

Monday:  Sloppy Joes w/ Sweet Potato Fries

Tuesday:  Terriyaki Chicken w/Roasted Broccolini
                  I'll make extra chicken for tomorrow night's dinner

Wednesday:  Oriental Chicken Wraps w/Roasted Red Potatoes
                       I'll use leftover chicken and boccolini, if there is any left

Thursday:  Sausage and Pesto Pasta
                  
Friday:  Shrimp Packets

This week at Food Lion, Hillshire sausage is 2/$4 and Shrimp is BOGO!  So I worked my menu around that and the fact that I have one package of hamburger meat and one package of chicken breasts in the freezer.  Almost all of these recipes are new for me.  I don't usually do this, but with it being spring break, it will mostly be just the hubby and me eating and we don't mind trying new things.

I am struggling with buying meat at the regular grocery store.  I have seen the movie Food, Inc and was incredibly moved.  So, I am trying to find a way to eat less meat, and when I do buy meat to buy it either at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.  Ultimately I would love to buy my meat from a local rancher!  It is a struggle though because this week at Harris Teeter, they have chuck roast BOGO!!!  That is a BIG savings!  But I don't know how that cow was treated and what that cow ate.  I would love to hear your own stories of how you are changing how you look at food, or are you?

What are you cooking this week?  Share your ideas in the comments, please.  This could be a great resource for us all.  If you are stuck, go visit OrgJunkie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment