Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Earth Day - April 6

I am going to be bluntly honest in this post.  I am not sure I am a very good "earth" person.  As I read some blogs on what they are doing, I realize I fall WAAY short!   I am vain.  There, I said it.  Erin on The Conscious Shopper has a challenge for the month of April, and that is to go without shampoo.  WHAT?  She has it very neatly outlined on how to go about this.  I read several people talk about the "adjustment" period.  But seriously, I cannot go without shampooing my hair everyday!  I just can't!  I like to look good. Now sure there are days I don't shower, when I am going to be home, working in the yard, or working in my kitchen or when I am too depressed to get to it.  But intentionally?  I just don't think so.  Go over and read her article and then come back here and tell me your thoughts.  I do think I could move to the shampoo bar.  In fact, when this bottle of shampoo is out, I will try it.  But no 'poo?  I don't think so.  Not yet!

There are other things I don't do well.  I get take out in plastic/styrofoam containers.  I have plastic storage containers in my home.  I can't really see myself taking my own containers for take-out.  Again, my vanity is too strong for that.

But there is one thing I did do this week.  I made my own dishwashing detergent!  Oh yes I did! And so far, it is working quite well, thank you!

So, tell me about your thoughts on "No 'Poo" and what are ways your vanity get in the way of doing good for the earth.  Then brag on yourself.  Tell us something good you have done!

No comments:

Post a Comment