Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Frustration

I am frustrated in many areas of my life today. The first and foremost is with my health. I seemed to be going along really well. I was feeling great, even feeling pretty strong. Then *BLAM* I was knocked on my back and I am still there. I have a great dr. and I know he will help me get this figured out but still....it takes a toll on me emotionally as well as physically. I quickly go back to the place of "I can't" instead of "I can". Dwelling on my limitations doesn't help anyone or anything, yet that is what I start to do. I see the many ways I let my family down.

I am frustrated with my knitting. I have two projects going right now that need to be done soon. Both projects are causing me great frustration. I have had to frog both numerous times. My sweater has just baffled me. I cannot seem to get it right. I am ready to just drop it, yet the yarn is so beautiful, the pattern is so neat. I have to go on, I must conquer this. The other project has such meaning, that I can't let it go either.

Frustation is a part of all of our lives. We encounter it in large and small ways. How do we deal with it? Do we let it get us down and let it cause us to question ourselves? Or do we name it and move through it?

I hope today I can begin to move through these frustrations and others. What frustrates you today? How will you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment